Tuesday 19 August 2014

Pieces of Burnt Paper

I write me, my time
On a flimsy sheet with faded ink,
In a dark room by a flicker of the flame.
In hopes of manifesting,
Realizing myself.
In me I see a girl.
A little girl with long hair,
Dancing about like a painter’s stroke,
On a yellowed canvas.
In a blue frock and plaited hair
And a basket of roses
She runs across the field,
Chases a sparkle, a dream.
Winds come and strike her down,
Rain becomes her glory.
Her flowers wither and fall,
And with time, so does she.
This I write, I write in regret.
It weighs me down like a thousand chains.
I committed a crime that cost my life, 
I let the girl go.
In her place I find now,
A hardened speck in a paper town,
A flat town in a disc world.
With linear souls and pointless emotion
And a fire that doesn’t burn.
With contagious insanity and desire.
This world deceives her,
Blinds and pushes her.
A fire starts on one end,
reaches the other.
In its wake, leaves ashes that are her.
Ashes blow around This World,
defeated but free, unwavering.
This world, but, crumbles around her,

Like pieces of burnt paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment